We HP Elitebook nao.
well it looks like HP can show the specs on this machine
Lets see, there are 5 processors that can be selected on here.
- 2.1GHz i3-5010U 3MB Cache
- 2.2GHz i5-5200U 3MB Cache
- 2.3GHz i5-5300U 3MB Cache
- 2.4GHz i7-5500U 4MB Cache
- 2.6GHz i7-5600U 4MB Cache
So one i3, two i5 and two i7, all dual cores and Ultrabook processors, so they are soldiered on and not socketed!
For Graphics we only have two options
- Intel HD 5500 – Passmark score 577
- AMD Radeon R7 M260x w/ 1GB DDR5 – Passmark Score 1105
Unlike Dell and Lenovo, HP offers AMD graphics instead of nVidia, good for those who want OpenCL instead of CUDA technology.
For the screens, there are basically three matte options and one glass touchscreen. Webcam optional on the matte panels. And all are 14.0″ too, not so sure about bezels/mounts are interchangeable
couldn’t find any info within 10 minutes.
best of luck guys
also my T420s seems to have a sticky shift key and doesn’t depress all the way.
Too hard to right shift, ITS WIERS yo… cant even type ‘its weird yo’ in caps.\
- HD 720p – 1366 x 768
- HD+ 900p – 1600 x 900
- FHD 1080p – 1920 x 1080
- FHD 1080p Touchscreen – 1920 x 1080
Hmm… HP says the first two panels are SVA flat, while the 1080p options are UWA slim.
Googling this search didn’t bring any results in the first page…
Possibly the 1080p displays use a different lid/hinge, take care if you are going to upgrade, I probably just get an entire lid assembly to be safe.
Hard drive options
- 320 GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 500 GB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
- 500 GB 7200rpm Self-Encrypting Drive
- 500 GB 5400 rpm Self Encrypting Drive
- 500 GB 5400rpm + 8GB NAND SATA Hybrid Hard Drive (lol why)
- 1TB 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive
Solid State options
- 120 GB M.2 Solid State Drive
- 128 GB SATA-3 MLC Solid State Drive
- 128 GB SATA-3 TLC Solid State Drive
- 180 GB SATA-3 MLC Solid State Drive
- 180 GB SATA-3 MLC Self-Encrypting Drive
- 240 GB SATA-3 MLC Solid State Drive
- 256 GB SATA-3 TLC Solid State Drive
- 256 GB SATA-3 MLC Self-Encrypting Drive
- 256 GB M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
- 512 GB SATA-3 MLC Solid State Drive
- 512 GB SATA-3 TLC Solid State Drive
Copied directly from the website, sorry friends… me lazy.
Also the whole MLC, TLC thing will brew a shit storm, sorry.
TLC supposedly has lower performance, but lower life expectancy, whoever MLC has better performance and better life expectancy.
i should check the cheap patiot ssd I got on my x61t that I bought brand new.
Also, you most likely won’t be able to determine what SSD it has thanks to the chance they swaped it out, OR not knowing how much data that thing crunched!
Memory RAM base configurations
- 4 GB Total System Memory (4 GB x 1)
- 8 GB Total System Memory (4 GB x 2)
- 8 GB Total System Memory (8 GB x 1)
- 16 GB Total System Memory (8 GB x 2)
Sweet, you might get an 8GB unit with one module!
- 3 Cell Polymer 24 WHr
- 3 Cell Polymer/Prismatic 50WHr (flat, batteries balloon when dying)
- Slice – 6 Cell Polymer 60WHr
Polymer are the ones you get in cellphones and are notorious in Macbooks for ballooning and fucking up keyboards or trackpads… Also they die quicker, a lot of ultrabooks use these so whatever.
The slice battery looks fairly thin, sadly it won’t give that sexy raised keyboard like the X220 🙁
I don’t know how the prismatic battery hold double the WHr but who knows… too drunk to find out 😛
HP decided to post their battery life specs… how nice, I don’t think lenovo or dell does this.
wait… i don’t know how to post it here because the text formatting…
basically you can get from 7 to 16 hours on the SSD, depending on which battery you got.
- DisplayPort 1.2
- USB 3.0 Charging Port
- 3x USB 3.0 Port
- RJ-45 / Ethernet
- Side Docking connector
- Secondary battery connector
- Headphone/Microphone Combo
- SD card reader
No expresscard or thunderbolt port… so no eGPU? Also this doesn’t have a VGA nor a HDMI port either, wow get rekt!
HP Elitebook 840 G2 – $230 – 365 // 720 ~ 70 v 111
4 Risky – $110 – 200 // 250
23 HDD – $200 – 320 // 400
50 SSD – $250 – 390 // 570 or 690
27 Refurb – $320 – 400 // 480
9 Nother – $390 – 420 // 620
8 NEW – $465 – 520 // 570 or 1,000 (literally why, it was an i5 system)
Obviously the new models have lame specs…
34 AUC – $235 – 330 // 475
56 BIN – $255 – 400 // 800
72 i5 – $200 – 300 // 480
36 i7 – $330 – 415 // 750
16GB – $415 – 580 // 690
Parts for replacement
25 Keys – $12 – 20 // 38
3 FHD LCD – $55 – 75
0 Touch LCD – $150??? – None sold only one listed
37 Battery – $20 – 30 // 55 (Prismatic 50WHr at $20+ lol)
Ok this is done…
Edit: So like I was at a bar at this time of posting and some lady was talking to me and shit and like got really weird with me. I decided to ‘keep hard at work’ but she wouldn’t stop! I was frustrated because it was like 1AM by the time she left, I didn’t want to leave before she did because I had a feeling she would of wanted a ride and that would of escalated to something else… Dx